OncLive® Presents State of the Science Summit™ on Lung Cancer
11:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time
CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on lung cancer Saturday, Aug. 10, 10 a.m-2 p.m. at Minneapolis Airport Marriott in Minnesota. The summit will be co-chaired by Konstantinos Leventakos, M.D., an assistant professor of medicine and oncology at Mayo Clinic, and Robert Kratzke, M.D., a professor of medicine in the division of hematology, oncology and transplantation and a medical oncologist at the University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with lung cancer. Expert presenters will delve into issues facing lung cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals. Topics will include stage 3 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), stage 4 nonsquamous and squamous NSCLC, optimal tyrosine kinase inhibitors in EGFR-positive NSCLC and the role of chemotherapy, ALK-positive and ROS1 NSCLC and emerging biomarkers in NSCLC. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit will include the following:
- Alex A. Adjei, M.D., Ph.D., professor of oncology and pharmacology and consultant, division of medical oncology, department of oncology, Mayo Clinic
- Arkadiusz Z. Dudek, M.D., Ph.D., investigator, Metro-Minnesota Community Oncology Research Consortium, HealthPartners Institute
- Naomi Fujioka, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, division of hematology, oncology and transplantation, and medical oncologist, University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center
- Joseph Leach, M.D., physician, Minnesota Oncology
- Julian R. Molina, M.D., Ph.D., professor of oncology and consultant, division of medical oncology, department of oncology and department of molecular medicine, Mayo Clinic
- Manish Patel, D.O., associate professor of medicine, division of hematology, oncology and transplantation, and hematologist/oncologist, University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Life Sciences, Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers, and advocacy groups.
John Patricolo, 609-325-4630