To arrange interviews, photo shoots, or visits with our researchers contact our Communications Department:
Communications & Marketing Manager
Masonic Cancer Center Name Usage
In addition to abiding by the University's policy, the Masonic Cancer Center also abides by an agreement signed with Minnesota Masonic Charities in April 2008. This agreement resulted in the renaming of the cancer center and a $65 million gift for cancer research and care.
Correct name usage:
- Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
- In the first reference, the name should always be written: the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
- In the second and subsequent references, the words "Masonic Cancer Center" or "cancer center" in lower case may be written.
- The research building (425 East River Road) is called: Masonic Cancer Research Building.
NOT correct name usage:
- University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center
- University of Minnesota Cancer Center
- The Cancer Center
- MCC (This acronym may be used for limited, selective internal communications. The preference always is to write out Masonic Cancer Center or in a second reference, cancer center).