The University of Minnesota's Cytogenomics Laboratory provides investigators with a variety of cytogenetic and molecular cytogenetic services.
Investigators are encouraged to contact the cytogenomics laboratory or the director to discuss experimental design and development of related technologies as needed.
High quality G-band karyotype analyses of human, mouse, rat and swine cell lines, embryonic stem (ES) cells, induced Pluripotent Stem (iPS) cells, blood, bone marrow or fresh tissue.
Fluorescence-in-situ-hybridization (FISH) studies performed on cell lines, fresh or paraffin-embedded tissue samples, including:
- Generation of site-specific probes from genome resources BAC/PAC clones or investigator-provided DNA sequences
- Use of commercially-available probes
- Focused gene mapping of human or mouse genes using sequential G-banding and FISH and/or FISH and Spectral Karyotyping (SKY).
- Metaphase and interphase FISH analyses to investigate the presence of, or monitor, a specific chromosomal or gene rearrangement, or XX/XY chimeras.
Spectral Karyotyping (SKY) multi-color FISH analyses for human, mouse and rat cell lines and tissues to identify structural chromosome abnormalities, and clarify tumor heterogeneity on a cell by cell basis
Genomic Microarrays for detection of Copy Number Variants and Copy Neutral changes.
This technology permits evaluation of tissues not amenable to conventional cytogenetics (solid tumors and mature nondividing tissues)
Human, mouse and rat arrays are available for detection of genome-wide copy number changes (e.g., gene duplication and deletions):
- 4x180K, 2x400K and other array platforms
- CUSTOM array platforms can be designed at no additional cost
- Hybrid CGH+SNP and SNP microarrays
Mulitplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Assay (MLPA) analyses performed on DNA samples for detection of abnormal copy numbers and single gene aberrations. PCR primer probe sets for genetic syndromes, cancers and tumors are commercially available. MLPA can also be performed with Investigator designed primers or primers designed in collaboration with the Biomedical Genomics Center or MRC Holland.
Services and fiscal year 2018 rates*
Karyotyping Normal/Simple Abnormal: $447.53
Karyotyping Quick QC: $119.46
Fluorescent-In-Situ-Hybridization (FISH) using home-brew and commerical probes/Interphase, metaphase: $224.77
FISH homebrew DNA: $293.58
FISH homebrew DNA/BAC: $413.88
Microarray CGH 4x180K array: $380.22
Hourly rate: $62.31
Telomere Assay (including DNA extraction): $38.89
- Clinical Investigator Resources
- Funding Opportunities
- Translational Working Groups
- Shared Resources
- Research Development
- Become a Member
- Logos & Identity Management