Community Engagement Opportunities
The Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota provides tours for business groups, students, community organizations, and more. Walk the halls of our state-of-the-art facility and learn about the tools and equipment scientists use to make important discoveries. Learn more about cancer research being done to improve prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. There is no charge for tours.
- Overview presentation about the Masonic Cancer Center and general tour of the building.
- In some cases, the cancer center can provide hands on activities for groups, such as DNA spooling.
- Researchers also may be available to speak to tour groups.
Tours are available to groups of 10 or more, including fraternal organizations, youth groups, seniors' groups, etc. First priority for tours will be given to groups that have hosted speakers from the cancer center and school groups.
- We ask that groups request a tour at least six weeks in advance.
- Groups will receive a response regarding whether their tour request can be accommodated no later than two weeks from the day the request is made.
Health Fair Displays
A representative from the Masonic Cancer Center is available to come to your organization's health fair and distribute cancer information brochures. We also can bring a display that allows you to compare tissues affected by cancer with healthy tissues.
Send information on your health fair to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Speaker
Speakers from the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota are researchers who are discovering and developing new and better ways to prevent, diagnose, and treat cancer, as well as improving the quality of life for survivors. And while our speakers include some of the nation's top cancer experts, we promise to leave the technical jargon back at the lab.
- Scientific Breakthroughs
- Preventing Cancer
- Cancer Risk Reduction
- Gene Therapy
- Children and Cancer
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation/Stem Cell Research
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer in Families
- Immunotherapies/Cancer Vaccines/Monoclonal Antibodies
For more information, please call 612-624-2620 or e-mail email@example.com.