Terms and Conditions
Eligibility and Registration
When you upload a video/share your story on the Site, you will be asked to provide an email address. We will ask you to provide certain personal information, such as first name, last name, and email address, in creating your user profile.
You are responsible for all activities occurring under your email address. We may refuse to grant you access with a login that (i) impersonates someone else, (ii) may be protected by trademark or proprietary rights law, or (iii) is vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Any attempt to access restricted areas without authorization is prohibited.
If you create an account with us, we may add you to our University of Minnesota (“UMN”) database and you may receive other communications to your email and mailing address. You may opt out at any time.
By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge that you understand that your video/story will be subject to administrator review and approval, and may be taken offline at any time for any reason.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
By submitting your story and any related text, images, video or photographs (the “Materials”) through this service, you represent and warrant:
- that to the extent the materials contain the image, name, or likeness of a minor child that you are his/her parent or legal guardian;
- that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Materials and have the right to grant the University of Minnesota the permissions listed below—this includes personal health information that you choose to submit; and
- that the Materials are accurate.
You may not post, submit, upload or otherwise transmit any graphics, text, messages, photographs, images, audio or video files, or other content or information onto the Site that:
- contains a virus or other harmful component or otherwise interferes with, impairs or damages the Site;
- infringes or violates the right of any individual or entity including, without limitation, any right of privacy, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary or intellectual property right, or any contractual rights;
- is abusive, offensive, hateful, racist, disruptive, antisocial, defamatory, threatening, violent, vulgar, sexually explicit, pornographic, slanderous or otherwise harmful; and/or
- constitutes hate speech.
You may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
License and Release to Use Your Submitted Content
By submitting your Materials, you (on behalf of yourself and/or on behalf of your minor child) grant to the UMN absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, and transmit the same in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other content, in any medium and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to illustration, promotion, advertising, art, or trade, and to use your name (and your minor child’s name) in connection with UMN’s activities, including revenue-generating activities.
By submitting the Materials (which may include personal health information), you release and discharge the UMN from any and all claims and demands you (or your minor child) may have against them arising out of or in connection with the use of such materials, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation or invasion of privacy. You agree that UMN has no liability or responsibility for the storage or deletion of any content that you submit or post through the service.
Limitation of Liability
UMN shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, personal or property damage, or the like) arising out of the use of this service or out of the activities or event you may host or conduct in connection with your fundraising or your use of the Site.