X-RAD 320 Biological Irradiator
The X-RAD 320 is a self-contained X-ray system for delivering a precise radiation dosage to specimens in a biological or small animal research laboratory.
The shielded cabinet includes an Adjustable Specimen Shelf, Sample Viewing Window and Beam Hardening Filter Holder.
The X-RAD Control Panel is a multilanguage selectable graphical interface with all x-ray parameters and system status clearly displayed.
Programmable exposure settings allow for fast and repeatable exposure setup.
The X-ray tube is used specifically for radiation therapy having a highly homogenous beam.
High Voltage Generator
- Maximum Output Voltage: 320 KV
- Maximum mA: 45
- Maximum Potential: 320 KV
- Maximum Power: 4000 W
- Type: metal ceramic, fixed anode, air cooled
- Focal Spot: 8 mm2 (per EN12543)
- 3 Gy/min at 320KV, 12.5mA, 50cm SSD, (beam hardening filter =2mm Al(>15 Gy/min at 320KV, 12.5mA, 50cm SSD, [no beam hardening])
- KV Setting & Display Accuracy: 5KV-320 KV in 0.1 KV increments
- mA Setting & Display Accuracy: 0.1mA to 45 mA in 0.01 mA increments
- Settings Accuracy: < 1%
- Exposure Timer: 1-999 seconds or 0.1-99.9 minutes or continuous
- Programmable Settings: 250 locations to recall exposure parameters
- Graphical User Interface for operation simplicity
- Selectable Multi-language Display
Additional X-Ray Unit Features
- Automatic warm-up with Intelligent Tube Conditioning
- Irradiator usage: $12/15 minutes
- Training: $72
(If you fail to show up for class, you will be charged a no-show fee. Also, if you do not complete the pre-training requirements before class, you will not be able to take the class and you will be charged the full $72.)
- Cancellation one or more days ahead: NO CHARGE.
Cancellation within 24 hours: full $72
- Sign up using the online calendar.
- Please cancel ASAP. Users CANNOT CANCEL reserved time on the instrument AFTER the time has passed. You will be billed if you do not schedule in advance.
Training on the X-RAD Irradiator is required before users can operate this instrument independently. Please contact Andy Price to schedule training: email@example.com, 612-626-4321. The Radiation Safety for Radioactive Material Users online course must be completed as well. Visit the Department of Environmental Health and Safety website.