Mouse Genetics Laboratory
Video On Services Provided by the Mouse Genetics Laboratory
The University of Minnesota's Mouse Genetics Laboratory (MGL), supported by the Academic Health Center and the Masonic Cancer Center, provides a comprehensive range of mouse embryo manipulation services.
Housed in the Variety Club Research Center (VCRC) SPF animal facility, the Mouse Genetics Laboratory offers a micro-injection laboratory, tissue culture, and administration capabilities in conjunction with dedicated animal housing space.
We provide consultation on generation of genetically modified mice, mouse ES cell lines, and mouse embryo fibroblasts, as well as certain plasmid vectors useful for making targeting constructs. In addition, we perform gene targeting in ES cells (electroporation, selection and clone expansion), pronuclear injection, ES cell blastocyst injection, sperm and embryo cryopreservation, and any technique requiring ex vivo embryo manipulation.
David Largaespada, Ph.D.
Anindya Bagchi, Ph.D.
Mouse Genetics Laboratory
University of Minnesota
Mayo Mail Code 8806
420 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- SPF Transgenic mouse production by pronuclear injection
Please download the Transgenic Policies of the Mouse Genetics Laboratory (PDF).
- Knockout mouse production by blastocyst injection
Please download the Embryonic Stem Cell/Chimeric Mouse Production Policies of the Mouse Genetics Laboratory (PDF).
- Gene Targeting Service
Please download the Gene Targeting Policy (PDF).
- SPF rederivation of conventional mouse lines
- In vitro fertilization
- Additional specialized services
Information on each of our services can be found by downloading Specialized Service Policies of the Mouse Genetics Laboratory (PDF).
Request for Services form
Submit our Request for Service (MSWord doc) form along with the appropriate data sheet (listed below) by e-mail, fax, or mail. We will contact you to confirm receipt of your request.
Rates and Fees
Rates and fees (PDF).
University of Minnesota links
- Research Animal Resources
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- American Association of Laboratory Animals
- Jackson Laboratories
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories
- Washington University Cancer Center Embryonic Stem Cell Core
- International Gene Trap Consortium (IGTC)
- Knockout Mouse Project (KOMP)
- Mutagenic Insertion and Chromosome Engineering Resource (MICER)
Gene Trap Resources
- Centre for Modelling Human Disease (Toronto, Canada)
- German Gene Trap Consortium (Germany)
- Sanger Institute Gene Trap Resource (Cambridge, UK)